Industrial/Organizational Psychology Admissions
The Industrial/Organizational Psychology Program accepts students with a bachelor's degree in psychology or related fields. Students may transfer graduate credits if the courses are relevant to the master's program of study. Each case will be reviewed on an individual basis. Applications and all supporting materials must be received by February 15th to be considered for fall admission. Applicants are admitted to the fall quarter only.
The following pre-requisites should be met prior to admittance.
- A course in introductory psychology
- A course in introductory psychological statistics
- A course in experimental psychology
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0
* In addition to the above requirements, coursework in Management & Organizational Behavior, Industrial Psychology/Human Resources Management and Tests and Measurements is recommended.
In addition to completing the University Application, students must also complete a program application for Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Department applications should be mailed in or submitted in person to the following address:
Department of Psychology
Attn: Graduate Secretary
California State University, San Bernardino
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407-2397
Please note: if you are mailing your application, we recommend you contact the department office at (909) 537-5570 to confirm receipt of your materials by the application deadline.
- A copy of your university application for graduate admission.
When applying online, please print and send a copy of the confirmation receipt at the end of the online application process.
- A copy of (unofficial) transcripts from each college and university you have attended, regardless of whether you received a degree.
- Psychology Department Application Forms
- Statement of Purpose
A 1-2 page typewritten description of your preparation for graduate study, goals for the graduate training program and professional aspirations following receipt of the Master's Degree. The statement used for the University Application is not sufficient.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation.
At least two letters should come from faculty instructors who know the quality of your academic work and can make relevant comments on your likely success in a graduate program.
Letters must be sent directly from the recommender or received in a sealed envelope with the recommender’s signature over the seal.
*Note: Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores are NOT REQUIRED when applying to psychology graduate programs, but may be included to enhance your application, particularly for non-psychology majors.
Other Application forms (Optional)
If you have any questions related to the admissions process or have issues downloading any of the above forms, please send an email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in our program.